Have you considered how the use of illicit drugs or alcohol could be affecting your business?
It is often a hidden problem that only becomes apparent after an incident, but why wait to manage a problem after the damage has occurred?
Drug and alcohol use in your workplace is a safety risk that must be managed in order to provide a safe place of work for your workers.
We can assist at all levels in relation to the below;
- Developing Drug and Alcohol Policies and testing programs
- Who should be included in your drug and alcohol policy
- The role of training and education in implementing a drug and alcohol program
- Union involvement and negotiations
- Best practice in implementation and employee consultation for any proposed policy and program
- Agreed method of testing, oral – fluid- urine – hair
- Types of testing – blanket, random, causal, suspicion, return to work
- Testing for breath alcohol? What concentration is considered acceptable at your workplace
- How will you manage an employee who tests positive?
- Best practice in disciplinary issues specific to drug and alcohol testing issues
- The role of rehabilitation and Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Confidentiality issues and legal defensibility of any testing regime